Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting. He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.
Psalm 126:5-6
I've been avoiding talking about where we are in the process for a few weeks now. And people have been asking, Are you leaving on Thanksgiving? I shrug, I smile, I say maybe? The truth is that we had a little setback, paperwork-wise, which was not something we had control over. The truth is that if we left on Thanksgiving, it would be an amazing miracle. People who know the China adoption process would say That has never happened before! So I want to say probably not Thanksgiving and probably not even the week after that, but I don't want to say that because I cannot limit God. He can make our Article 5 get picked up earlier than scheduled, He can make us get the quickest travel approval in the history of all travel approvals. All I know is that every time I pray about it, a wave of peace washes over me and I think, every time, "God's got this." So I'm honestly not concerned. Well, sometimes I am. But then I pray and I remember He's got this.
And guys, THINK OF THE JOYFUL SHOUTING that will occur when this is finally over, this crazy process. I keep getting this picture in my mind that when we finally get her home, I gather up every person - those who prayed for her and us, all those who supported us financially, every person who listened to me vent and moan about all the waiting - and I then I stand up on a high place and hold her up and it looks a little something like this:
And then everyone cheers and whoops and praises the Lord because we finally did it! We finally brought her home.
Please continue to keep us in your prayers, we NEED them! Pray that we get a very fast travel approval. Like freaky fast. We really want to be home for Christmas. We are clinging to the hope that we have, we know that in these tears and this weeping and sowing, we will all reap a harvest of immeasurable blessings.

Prayers!! Someday all this wait will feel like a distant memory for all of us :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for that day Jennifer!! :)
DeleteWe had more paperwork set backs then anyone else I know. It was beyond frustrating. I'm sorry you're dealing with one. But you're right, He's got this and He's brought you this far. He's not about to let go now. :0)
ReplyDeletePraying it all works out! We are trying to leave for the 1st of January, so we are praying it will all go through! Congrautulations she is so cute! Can't wait to see her in your arms!
ReplyDelete