Friday, June 28, 2013

Encouragment

There has still been no movement in our adoption. No file has been locked. Nothing. One of my friends from my online group said it the best when she said to me, "You're waiting for the ok to fall in love with a girl you've already fallen in love with." So true, so true. It's really painful and I don't think I could have understood it until I was in the midst of it.

There is one thing that is keeping us in this without completely going over the edge. God keeps showing up in small ways to remind us we're on the right path and that He's still in this. When I was in college, a few friends and I went to a church about an hour away from our school. We lived on campus, so the distance to the church caused us to miss lunch by the time we arrived back to the school. In this wonderful little church were several families that would invite us over for lunch so we wouldn't starve. We mostly went to one family's house and they were so welcoming and fun. They always had amazing food and a nice place to rest and do homework. I still keep in touch with them and they have since adopted their daughter from China. She sent me this email today:

Just wanted to let you know that we are still collecting coins for your adoption. Our jar is about half full. I love how God provides coins and just wanted to share the last couple with you. This week when I went down to do laundry, there was 51 cents laying on the dryer. And yesterday, we were eating lunch out and looked down on the booth seat and there was a quarter. It wasn't there when I sat down, because I slid over that part of the seat! Love how God provides!

I love how God not only provide funds, but encouragement when you feel so defeated. Thanks to this wonderful family for thinking of us, helping us with funds, and for their reminder of God's faithfulness!

4 comments:

  1. Blessings!! Hope you get awesome news soon on the file lock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry! What a sweet post! Thank you! We were so blessed by those Sunday dinners! I found over a dollar yesterday in change - again where there should NOT have been change! Gary and I were saying yesterday, "God is picking up the pace"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Now I'm crying! :) God is so good!

      Delete