I wish I could describe to you all how excited I am over here about our home study being done. I had no idea I would feel like this, I even knew it would probably be done today. So I'm practically bouncing off the walls over here, not getting anything done, and pondering why I'm so giddy and happy. And then I figured it out: "I'M HAVING A BABY!" This is the exact same feeling I had with Little Buddy. Not before the first doctor's appointment, though. Before that first appointment, I knew I was pregnant, but I didn't feel pregnant or look pregnant. It wasn't until I heard the heartbeat that it finally hit me that I was really, truly going to have a baby. So this home study being done is giving me that exact same feeling. It just hit me that this is all so real and that at the end of this process is a little person - a little person who belongs in THIS family! And if I was giddy over the heartbeat, I don't even know what word to use to describe how I felt when we found out he was a boy. I remember walking through the halls at work, trying not to smile. (Because people who walk around smiling to themselves really seem a little crazy.) So when we get the first picture of our little peanut, you might see me out in public, Meijer or the gas station or something, and I'll just be smiling. I'm not crazy and even though I don't look pregnant (I don't, right?!?!), just know that I'm crazy happy because "I'M HAVING A BABY!" Here's my crazy-happy, crazy person smile:

Enjoy each and every milestone of the journey! And congrats on having the homestudy part done!
ReplyDeleteThanks Judi!
DeleteCrazy-happy is the best way to be. I have had many moments like that. One just yesterday as I purchased her bed and carseat and the first of many outfits to come. I was giddy. I am so excited for you. I will be praying. :0)
ReplyDeleteThat's the best - finally getting to buy things! :) Excited for you too!
Delete