Monday, April 22, 2013

NO LIST FOR YOU!

Please read the title the way the Soup Nazi would say it, otherwise, it's a really dumb title. Thank you for your cooperation...

Just in case you're following along with us...word on the street (and by street I mean China adoption forums and my China Facebook group) is that there will be no list of kiddos coming out today. The list usually comes out on one of the last Mondays in the month. There is still one more Monday this month, but the other word on the cyber-street is that the people who put out this list will not be working next Monday, due to a holiday. So the rumor-conclusion is that.....well, nobody knows what will happen. I keep trying not to worry that there will be no list at all. Instead, I'm reminding myself 1,000 a day that God is bigger than all of this. And today I plan to thoroughly enjoy this sunny, 60 degree day with my little buddy. We're going to go to any park that we can find that isn't flooded and enjoy the >30 degrees and lack of snow/rain/other precipitation. Feel free to leave me an encouraging comment about how all this is in God's plan, our daughter will come to us at the right time, I'll survive the wait, etc., etc. I could use any and all of those comments right now!

8 comments:

  1. Your daughter will be in your arms before you know it and the long time you had to wait for her will seem infinitesimally small compared to the joy that will be yours. Hang in there. .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that God "gives you grace to see beyond this moment...." Have you heard that song? It's been key in our journey -- "The Greatness of our God" (Hillsong) -- look it up! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to listen to that song tonight! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I totally know how you feel. Trying so hard to encourage myself on this exceptionally blah day. I realize I'm farther along but the waiting doesn't get any easier. Sorry, I guess I'm not helping.
    Here, remind yourself of all the things He has brought you through up to this point and thank him. Then just thank Him bc you can and should. He really is amazing and loves you, your hubs and your boy. Oh, and your daughter? He's been holding her in His hands since the day she was born. He's got this and will show himself when his timing is perfect.
    Btw, love the seinfeld ref. we are huge seinfeld junkies over here. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even think about waiting for LOA and TA - ugh! Good to know it doesn't get easier, I need to prepare myself now. And thanks for the reminders!

      Delete
  4. The wait is hard. BUT just remember that God IS in control and your daughter will be IN your arms at the EXACT moment HE has ordained. She will not even be a second late! And she will be worth the wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you waited SO long so I know you know the truth of your words! Thank you!

      Delete