Truckin' Along
WE. ARE. LOGGED. IN. *Insert gigantic, overly-dramatic sigh of relief * Our paperwork was actually logged in on 4/7/13, but our agency just found out today. So that means when the list (probably) comes out on the 22nd, our social worker can look for a match for us. That does not mean we will necessarily get a match, but she thinks there is a good chance we will. So here's how the process goes. China puts out the list on Tuesday morning their time, which means it comes out Monday evening our time. Our worker stays late and waits for the list, if she sees a child on there that we would be a good family for, she will put the child on hold. We will get a call that night (*insert mental image of me staying up until all hours of the night staring bugged-eyed at my phone*) and she will send us photos and medical information (since this is the special needs program, it's important to review medical info). We have 72 hours to look over the file, have the medical info reviewed by professionals, and then say yes or no. I plan on being very honest throughout this process, so I will probably tell you if we have to say no to a "file". I really don't want to, but I'm trusting that God will give us the wisdom to know if the first child presented to us is our daughter.
If we say no or don't get a match at all, there's a possibility of another match this month after the 72 hour mark, when many files go back to the list from families who have said no. If still no match after that time, we'll most likely wait until the next list, which comes out at the end of May.
If we DO get a match and she IS our daughter. We get to say YES! And write a Letter of Intent to Adopt, telling China that we would LOVE to adopt this child and tell them all the things we plan to do to love and take care of her. A week or two after that, we would get PA (yes, another acronym!) which means Pre-Approval. At THAT time, I can finally stand on top of my roof and shout for the whole world to hear that we have a daughter. Well, actually, it means I can show you her picture and share some information about her. Won't that be fun!?! It's what we're all waiting for, so stand by!
Can you her me clapping from Belding?! Hurray!
ReplyDeleteI DO hear you clapping. Thank you!
DeleteEeeeek! SO exciting!! Can't wait for Monday night to get here :) P.S. - love the photo!
ReplyDeleteThanks Shannon! I can't wait either!!
DeleteSuch exciting news. Hoping right along with you. I remember that part like it was yesterday. Our story, however, took a long and dreadful turn after our first match. We ended up having to say no to 12 kids, yes you read right, 12!! Then left our agency and started again with another one. Lord willing you will not go through that also, may I ask what agency you are with?
ReplyDeleteOh man, I can't even imagine - that sounds like it must have been SO frustrating and emotional! We are with Adoption Associates (Michigan). They are a small agency and very personable, and I feel like they have a good idea of what we're open to, hopefully it won't take 12 for us! They said the majority of their clients say yes to the first one, which I didn't think much of when they told me, but now I'm realizing that's a pretty huge thing. But I know LOTS of people say no to at least one, so I'm definitely preparing my heart for that!
Delete