Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Low Down...

Monday night the list, yes the LIST, came out of available children. We did not receive a match off of the list due to the small number of children added to the list. So many emotions resulted from this. After sifting and listening, the emotion at the forefront is fight. If the list was small because the need was small, then AMEN, I say. But I know the need is huge, so I've learned that my prayers need to be huger (yes, huge-er). Not for myself and my desire to bring this child into our home, but for the children who wait even longer now. There are some changes being made in the system and my agency is assuming there won't be a list until after this system is implemented (maybe the end of June?). All of this is hard to digest, but I'm over my own pity-party and am 100% calling upon God to intervene and get these kids home. Please join me. And if you haven't signed the petition that goes along with the movie STUCK, please see the link below - read, watch the movie, sign the petition. More needs to be done.

http://www.change.org/petitions/make-a-child-s-right-to-a-family-our-priority

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry. I know better than anyone how disappointing this all can be. Hang in there. God is at work. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete