Saturday, August 24, 2013

She's turning 2!

It is strange to desperately miss someone you have never met.

In 2 1/2 weeks our little Luyana will be turning 2 years old. I wish so much I was thinking about what cake to make and what birthday presents to get. Instead my heart is just aching. Although I know we're getting closer everyday, every day feels too long!

We will definitely celebrate this year when her birthday comes around and we will send a cake to her orphanage. (Sending a cake to the orphanage is also a super sneaky way to possibly get new photos too, I will die of happiness if we get to see a new photo of her.)

And I'll tell you one thing, she is going to have one special 3rd birthday party!

But for now, it just hurts.

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand! You could also celebrate her birthday again when you come home or do a "half birthday" celebration. On Haleigh's fifth birthday, her first one home with us, we celebrated all weekend long doing different activities, etc. to make up for each year we missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the aching, oh the ache. Sometimes you feel as if you can't take one more day of waiting. UGH! What is your approximate travel time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really hope to travel in November. Hopefully our LOA will come soon so that will be possible!

      Delete