Sunday, September 8, 2013

I AM NOT FORGOTTEN

During this past week, I've never, ever prayed so much in my whole life. Not just for our daughter and the adoption process, but for most everything that came my way. I was praying for other adoptive families I've met through the process, requests that popped up on my facebook feed, and issues going on with family and friends. I was specifically praying hard for our LOA (letter of acceptance, our next step), LOA for a friend, TA (travel approval) for another friend, and a few other important things. God's answers in order: "No, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes." THAT WAS HARD. Within the week, he said yes to all my prayers for others, but no to us. My feelings were all over the map. I was and am genuinely happy and blessed by the yesses, but  was also confused and feeling FORGOTTEN by the big no. I really felt that God wanted me to keep praying, but why is it so hard? Why did I feel like I just wanted to avoid Him? All day yesterday I couldn't pray and I felt empty and I begged God to fill me up, so I waited. And today, we sang this song at church; I've never heard it before, but I think I know why the worship team chose this song.



God very clearly answered my prayer to be filled back up by reminding me that I am not forgotten, He knows my name, and He's the father to the fatherless. I am feeling filled and back to praying. Please help us pray and let me know you're praying. It fills me up even more knowing I'm not alone in these prayers! Here is what we're asking for this week:

1. Our LOA (letter of acceptance)...tomorrow would be nice, we're
    feeling a little overdue for that!
2. New pictures of Luyana. We sent a cake to her orphanage for    
    her birthday and there is a possibility of getting pictures of this.
3. That a friend in the adoption community, who is going to
    Luyana's orphanage sometime this month, will be able to meet
    her and report back to us!

You are not forgotten!

2 comments:

  1. Jodi, I will certainly be praying for your LOA as we pray for ours to come soon too! I have to remind myself all the time that the Lord has not forgotten our Hannah; he has not forgotten your Luyana, and he will not forget us! Hoping tomorrow is an exciting day of LOA for us both!!

    Betsy Pickett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Betsy!! I'll be praying for you too...China started working 2 minutes ago...woo hoo, bring on those LOA's!! :)

      Delete