Friday, January 8, 2016

It's amazing what $20 can do...

There is something that is so spiritual about the adoption process. I know a lot of you followed our first adoption and watched all the crazy amazing things that God did. The Smile post comes to mind. 

Here are some amazing things ways God used you guys this week:

1. A few people gave generously to our YouCaring account!

2. My cousin offered to make her already-planned Thirty-One Party a fundraiser for our adoption!

3. My good friend from college and her super-amazing musician husband are organizing a concert fundraiser for us in Ohio!

4. Someone gave us $20.

Yes, that's right. Sometimes you need to hear from God in a very specific way. You need him to show up in a way that reminds you that He is listening and He knows exactly what you need, down to the last dollar.

So this past week, we had to watch a mandatory training video online in order for our home study to be completed. We got to the website and realized it was $18.50 to watch the video. Mark and I looked at each other like, "Really?!" I know it doesn't seem like much, but after a month of having to buy a new dryer, furnace, and refrigerator, $18.50 was about to send me right over the edge. Then I remembered something. "Mark! Someone gave us $20 today!" I just felt God speaking to me at that time, telling me that He was watching out for us. That He would provide every dollar at exactly the right time. I don't need to panic right now about the $20,000+ more we will eventually need. It will come when we need it.

So, thank you. Thank you to everyone who has already given. I'm in awe of the friends who are plowing forward and helping us with amazing fundraisers. And to the person who listened to God and gave us the exact right amount of money we needed on the exact right day, thank you.






No comments:

Post a Comment