Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Seriously, God is hilarious.

When we said "yes" to our daughter, we only had her 9 month pictures and a very small amount of information from when she was 16 months old. The doctor who reviewed her file and gave us the "worst case scenario" scared us into thinking she might have a condition that sometimes means a person can't walk. It was something we hadn't suspected or thought we were open to. This was part of the difficulty of making the decision. I had a very rough 2 weeks; there were a lot of tears, prayer, depression, and spiritual battles. I came through it believing that God was good and this girl was perfect, walking or no walking. But I prayed to my good God and asked that we could get an update, on Thursday, and that she'd be walking in the picture (and last minute I threw this in: "And could we see a smile? I'd love to see a smile, but if not, that's ok too"). Because, you know, I didn't want to burden Him with unnecessary requests. Well, here's the photo we received ON THURSDAY. Please notice her shirt. Seriously, God is hilarious.

3 comments: