Thursday, March 21, 2013

Not gonna happen

I am picturing my I797 sitting on someone's desk at the Chinese consulate right now, its corner peeking out of a pile of other papers that need to be authenticated. I've been praying that whoever puts these magic stickers on the papers sees mine and says, "Oh yeah, I was supposed to do that one last week...." *Sigh*. Tomorrow is Friday and there's nothing I can do to get this paper moving to be able to be DTC this week. *Longer, more dramatic sigh*. But its going to be ok and we know that any delay is really just God orchestrating everything perfectly so that we're ready for our child at the exact moment that she is ready for us. I know this is going to be a bumpy ride that is full of unexpected turns and delays. But for some reason I think that maybe I'll just be that one person who everything just goes perfectly for. I'm sure God is laughing at that saying, "What fun is that?!" NEXT WEEK'S GOAL: DTC!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I feel ya. We are still waiting for our LOA and I would like to be able to tell you that I'm being patient but I'm not. And quite frankly, I'm sick of myself at this point. I tell God nearly, daily "I'm sorry I am no longer enjoying the journey, please forgive me and help me to enjoy it again."
    It doesn't work. UGH! I have got to choose. I can't control this and I do know and DO believe that He works it out for my good so HELLOOOOOO I need to get it together. Sorry for the ramble. Are you on Facebook, by the way?
    Also, what is DTC? Not familiar with that one.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo frustrating!! I want to be able to focus on now and not wish these moments away just because I'm looking forward to another moment and I know its only going to get harder. How long have you been waiting for LOA? I am dreading that wait! DTC = Dossier to China, so I'm way behind you. I am on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bumps in the road are so frustrating, but it is a journey to the child God has already selected. All those twists and turns are making it possible for you to meet at an exact TIME that has already been planned. It cannot be even one second late! AND there will be times when things go quicker as well. Nothing will stop God's plan! :)

    ReplyDelete