Ok, I just need to say that the last 2+ months have been rough. I've never been so emotionally drained in my life. Getting my hopes up, being disappointed, and over and over. I felt like God had squeezed out every last morsel of spiritual and emotional energy and then ZAP filled me all back up in one day. Wow, what a day.
This morning Little Buddy and I had our photo shoot. Him finally wearing his "Big Brother" t-shirt and me taking the photos I've been wanting to take for so long!
I'm in a Facebook group of wonderful ladies in the process to adopt from China and we have a secret pal exchange. Today of all days, this arrived in the mail from my secret pal. I really had to hold it together and not start sobbing. The Little Sister outfit...it's killing me. I just love it.
Wait, there's more...my wonderful mother-in-law sent Mark and I flowers as a congrats!
Stop it, I'm not done. Mark came home early from work and said he had a surprise for me. My birthday is next week and he wanted to buy me a new charm for my bracelet with our daughter's birthstone. It's the blue one, 3rd from the left. Such a thoughtful surprise!
And of course, we need to end our beautiful day of celebration with ice cream. Look at these two cuties!!
Now onto the travel question if you're still around reading this! Oh how I wish I had the answer to that one! "When do you get to go get her?" you ask. "Not soon enough!" is my answer. There are several steps we're waiting for. The next big step is LOA (letter of acceptance); this is the official approval we need from China to adopt this child. Then we have more immigration paperwork to do. (Which, by the way, I know nothing about. I need to get on that!) AND THEN we will need to wait for TA (travel approval) AND THEN CA (the date of our American Consulate appointment in China). AND THEN we can go. Sooooo...I don't know...November? December? Maybe, horror of horrors, January? Maybe God will surprise us and it will be October? I think the best answer is not before October and probably before March! Stay tuned.
Enjoy this time! It will seem to go slow because you want her in your arms and it will also seem to go by quickly because this is where it starts to get hectic! I remember thinking I waited YEARS and now that the time has arrived, I'm not ready - too much to do! LOL!
ReplyDeleteAnd we are still finding coins in the oddest places! I found one when I got in bed one night last week, laying on the sheet. I went to put it on my nightstand and dropped it. When I picked it up from the floor, there was another coin right beside it. I love how God provides in little ways. It's still not full, yet, so I know God is not done providing! :)
That's so funny about the coins! I love it!
DeleteThank you for continuing to share your story! I can't wait to keep reading and see God's faithfulness!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for following along :)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete