Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Celebrating While You Sleep

 
 
My Sweet Luyana,
 
You are now 2 years old! Such a big girl! We celebrated today; we are so thankful that you were born and we cannot wait for you to come take your place in this family. This is how we celebrated...the only thing that could have made this day better is if you had been here!
 
Grandma bought you this doll for your birthday. It's so cute! And look how well it matches the quilt mommy made for your bed.
 
 
Well, then mommy thought that your new doll needed a quilt just like yours and a little pillow to match! I think we are going to look for a cradle for your baby doll for Christmas. If you don't like to play with dolls, that's ok. We have lots of cars and dinosaurs around here too.


 
Your big brother was pretty excited about your birthday today. Here he is holding up a balloon and saying, "Happy Birthday Mei Mei!"
 
 
I already know you like cake; we saw pictures! So I think you would have liked these cupcakes that mommy made special just for your big day!


 
Daddy was really happy when he came home from work that there were cupcakes. He snuck one before dinner. Naughty daddy!



Your brother wanted to buy you a birthday present. He picked out this toy for you; we think you will like it, it has lots of lights and spins!

 
Mommy made a special Chinese dinner!



Yum, Yum!

 
Your brother saw mommy using chopsticks and picked them up and started eating away with them. I think he is a natural!


 
We sang Happy Birthday to your picture...I bet we looked silly doing that! 



Next year will be so different. We will know you and know what you like. Mommy will make you any cake you want and we will have a BIG party! Love you little girl and I hope it isn't too much longer until we get to hold you in our arms.
 
 
Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Loved your party! Sweet memories! And not much longer! Which means that our jar needs to get filled up soon! It still has room for more coins. I found one last night stuck to the door of the dryer! I am amazed where God leaves them! :)

    ReplyDelete