Yesterday I went to my agency to pick our LOA (Letter of Acceptance). Our agency consultant was about as happy as I was and gave me a big hug when I walked in the door. We sat down so she could explain to me what our next steps were. But first she had to tell me that she did NOT expect to get the official letter in the mail today. It had only shown up in the system October 1 and it arrived at the agency on October 3. I, on the other hand, was not surprised at all. I nodded and told her, "Well, we've been praying really hard for this." She nodded with a look on her face that said that doesn't really explain it. So I just smiled because it exactly explains it.
On this form we have to check if we want to adopt or don't want to adopt the specific child (Um, HELLO, yes we do!) and then sign it. So here we are, signing this long-awaited letter! Woo hoo!
Now we are in the stage of applying for immigration for Luyana and getting visas for all 3 of us. Then we have to wait from some other stuff that I don't understand yet. We won't know our exact travel date until a few weeks before we travel. But don't worry, I already started packing :)
I kind of wish there was room in your suitcase for me. I would SO love to see the long awaited meeting with my own eyes. Super excited for you!
ReplyDeleteAwww Erica :) Thanks for all your prayers and support - can't wait for you to meet her!
DeleteCongratulations! Our comes on Tuesday!
ReplyDelete