There are times in our lives when we see God more. Not that God is more active during those times, but sometimes we are searching, asking, and looking for Him more. And He promises that when we look for Him, we will find Him. This adoption process has been all about searching and asking and looking.
One of my favorite things that happened so far in this process is the story of the SMILE. If you haven't read this story, please do, you won't regret it! Click here first and read before you continue: SMILE! :) (Don't worry, its not a long post!)
When I saw Camden's smile for the first time, it was so wonderful, it almost hurt...if that makes sense. It looked a little something like this (be still my heart!!):
So when we pray for things, many times God says "Yes". Which is usually what we're looking for (right?!). Or He says "No". Or sometimes He says nothing and I think that's the hardest of them all. Nothing means you don't know the answer yet and you just have to keep praying and waiting. When we prayed to see Luyana smiling in the updated photo and God said no (well, sort of...I guess I maybe should have been more specific about it being on HER FACE!), I realized that I'm so glad He said no because I think He has something better planned. I want the first smile we see to be because we made her smile. When that happens, I am certain I will just melt into a little puddle of love. Ah! Be still my heart again, I can't wait! Hang around a few more months and you can see it too.
**Make sure to check back tomorrow because I have another great story to share - a new one!!**

No comments:
Post a Comment