Tuesday, October 1, 2013

LOA update

It took me 4 months of trying to get pregnant with Camden. 4 months is not a long time. But people, you should have heard what was going on in my head. 4 months was about 3 months and 29 days too long for impatient me. I remember feeling angry at God around month 3 and then quickly after that thinking, "Oooooh boy, do I have a lesson coming down the pike." In the few years following, I'd think back to that time and feel a little nervous wondering when my time would come to learn that lesson.

Now I feel that time has come to me and, praise the Lord, I've survived. In this adoption process, I've gone through anger, confusion, lack of hope, and much more disbelief in God's sovereignty and power than I'd like to admit. In the last few weeks I've been doing a study at my church about believing God. What I've learned is the importance of not only believing He CAN do something, but that he WANTS to do it or is WILLING to do it. I always knew He could the things I was asking for, but I had a warped belief that if I wanted something really bad, God wouldn't give it to me in order to teach me a lesson. (He is NOT like that, by the way!)

So my  prayers have changed a lot in the last few weeks as I have continued to pray for our Letter of Acceptance from China. Instead of "God, I know you can, why don't you want to?" I prayed, "God I know you can and I know you are willing to give good gifts to your children, bring this girl home and bring peace to all of our hearts." I've been more at peace in the last 2 weeks than I have ever been during this whole process.

So today, when I opened up my email and read that our Letter of Acceptance was showing up in the system (YES, THAT'S RIGHT), I was just in awe...almost like the reality couldn't sink in. Not only did God provide me with the peace during the wait and a greater understanding of who He is, but He gave me the very gift I was asking for. He was able to do it and He wanted to do it and He did it.

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine...to Him be the glory..." (Eph. 3:20-21)

The inevitable next question from all of you, "So when do you travel?" I've been praying that we can travel in December. Realistically, it's going to be a race to get there before the end of the year. But God is way bigger than all of this, so I'm BELIEVING and HOPING that we will travel at the right time and our hearts will continue on in peace and rejoicing.

Thank you all for your prayers, keep them coming, this is really happening!  

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your sweetie in your arms! Beautiful news on your LOA!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! Can't believe its finally here! :)

      Delete