God had some big plans last week. At the beginning of this adoption process, we prayed a lot about finances. We weren't sure where the money would come from, but we knew it would come. Apparently this was the week God was going to answer those prayers in order to blow our socks off! You all already know that we were given over $3,200 for our adoption through our Give1Save1 Fundraiser. And please remember that our initial goal was $900!!! And we will use every penny of that for travel expenses such as plane tickets, hotels, and a large orphanage donation that we are required (but happy to) give.
BUT GOD WASN'T DONE YET. On Saturday morning we received a letter from our agency and we did with it what we usually do with them. We threw it unopened on the counter assuming it was either a bill or a receipt from a payment. On Saturday evening we came scrambling in the house as we usually do. And by that I mean the side entry to our house can fit about 1.5 people and 3 shoes, so when we come in with 3 and 6 respectively, it always seems like some kind of acrobat show. Can't wait until it's 4 and 8!! I was birthed from miniscule entry first and grabbed the letter on the counter and decided to open it. My mouth actually fell opened and stayed open. I handed the letter to Mark, who was still trapped in the entry and I pointed to the one sentence that stood out to me:
...we are pleased to award you a grant of $2,000.
I applied for this grant the exact same day I finished the Give1Save1 video. And on that day I realized that the deadline for applying for that grant was 6 days prior so I almost threw it away! I was actually heading for the trash can when I said to Mark, "You know, I did all the work to apply for it, I'm going to send it anyway. The worst that can happen is they tell us we missed the deadline." So I added a small "We know we missed the deadline, sorry, and we understand if you chuck this thing." note and sent it out. So, needless to say, we were in shock. But shock quickly turned to rejoicing and praising God for answering our prayers from almost a year ago.
And to top it all off, we received immigration approval for Luyana a few days earlier than we had expected. Our goal of leaving on Thanksgiving day is seeming so possible, I can almost smell it. (It smells like turkey, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie!)
I have so many other things to tell you! But you must wait, I'm not sure you could handle all the goodness :)
What wonderful blessings!! Can't wait to see you with Luyana!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jennifer!
DeleteWe rejoice at the kindness of our God!! Ephesians 2:6-7 God has brought us back to life together with Jesus Christ. God gave us Jesus out of His generosity in order to show his extremely rich kindness in the world to come. We rejoice with you!!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH!!! What amazing mail to receive. I am so happy for you. And as one who sits typing while my precious one is napping just 10 feet away this will all seem like a dream when she is in your house and driving you nuts (in a good way of course). Congrats. Hoping for you for Thanksgiving travel. Although you might have to pack your own turkey. HEE HEE.
ReplyDeleteI won't miss that turkey ONE BIT! :) Can't wait to have another 2-year-old around here!!!
DeleteLove hearing about your blessings! The jar is not quite full, yet, but we have decided to continue to collect until October 31st and then we will send it on to you even if it is not full; it sounds like you are going to need it in November! Can't wait to find out how much is in it! Praying God will fill the jar by that date!
ReplyDeleteJudi, we appreciate you so much!!
Delete