All ready to go in my new kicks:
Before the museum, they made us watch a video. I listened to approximately none of it. Instead I made faces with and took pictures of this girl:
I guess this was the top of the tomb and lots of people had thrown money in there. I kept my money for myself. I don't think those dead people really need it.
Mark totally into it, even listening to the head set.
Very thankful for the play area!
Besides the play area, Luyana really liked these steps. She is not good at steps at all, she has very low muscle tone in her legs, but she sure tried with ALL her might!
This is the other couple that we met before we came and have become friends with. Their little Ellie is A-DORABLE.
With Miss Luyana, she has some medical and physical issues that we weren't quite expecting. Yesterday was a difficult day as we were thinking about all the unknowns and what this might mean for all of us. But we are grateful for the extra special prayers and notes we received. We are really looking forward to getting her home, getting to a doctor, and finding out all that is going on. I'm thankful for all the people who are praying for us, God has given us so much peace about the situation today and we are beyond grateful that God chose to use us to help her get everything that she needs.
Today we bought her some squeaky shoes, which um, she thinks are the greatest things in the world. Video below (please excuse our messy hotel room). Also a video of Mark teaching her to say 'I love you'. :)
Oh my goodness I am in tears of joy!!! Thank you Jodi and Mark for letting me share in this awesome journey of this precious child of God. I count the days when I can meet her!!
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm your mom's cousin Toni. I can't even tell you how sweet the videos are! And those shoes....! So wonderful seeing such a happy little family. Blessings to you!!!
ReplyDeleteHaleigh came running as soon as she heard the squeaky shoes in the video. She remembered hers and thought I was watching a video about her. She LOVED her squeaky shoes. She also loved steps when we were in China and even at 4 1/2, she had difficulty with them. I'm thinking "no prior experience" with them. Loved hearing her mimic "I love you". So cute!
ReplyDeleteThat is so precious!!
ReplyDeleteL.O.V.E the videos!! What a sweetie pie!! Consulate appointment coming up and you'll be covered in prayers!
ReplyDelete