This morning we had Luyana's medical appointment and TB test. She hated every single minute of it. Here is the before picture, before she knew the terror that was about to ensue:
And then she reacted to everything the same way Little Buddy does at the doctor. Even getting weighed and having your head measured it torture, pure torture. I didn't feel too bad at first since they weren't actually hurting her. But after the typical checking, they whisked her away without us to give her a TB test. She started SCREAMING and I could hear her through the door, and of course I started crying too. It seemed to take about an hour, but I think it was probably 5 minutes. She came right to me after and cried off an on until we got to the van where she promptly fell asleep. It really was no fun.
She seemed ok after we got back to our hotel and woke up. Here she is in her new favorite spot, looking out the window at the 'da DOO DOOs" (cars).
And just because she's cute:
Now that we're in Guangzhou, we are with two other couples from our agency. One couple we met while we were in the states and we have become friends; it is so nice to have them here! We walked to get dinner and do some shopping. We walked through a pet market to get to the dinner/shopping area:
We ate dinner and then Mark found a new lady friend:
We feel like Luyana regressed a little today. I think the change in hotels and the medical appointment were all a little much for her. And to top it all off, we figured out today that she has a couple of molars coming in. Poor girl can't catch a break! I'm so looking forward to getting her home and getting into a good routine so she can get settled and not have to experience so much change all the time. The positive thing is that she is really coming to me now for comfort which she would not do at first. Like Mark said, everyday seems to be two steps forward, one step back. But it's all progress.
Glad she is turning to you for comfort! Hugs and Blessings!
ReplyDelete